Monday, December 5, 2011

he is perfect.

All the attempts to stop early labor were unsuccessful, and Gabriel David Hochstetler was born on December 2, 2011 at 8:16 pm.  He was a small 3 lb 13 oz, but so amazingly perfect.  Because he was born at only 30 weeks and 1 day, he will require several weeks in the NICU.  I could have never imagined how difficult having a baby in the NICU could be, and I am having trouble holding it together.  It is unreal how helpless you feel knowing you can really do nothing.  Michael is truly the most amazing person in the whole world, and I don't know what I would do without him.  He has been such a great husband to me throughout the pregnancy, but seeing him now after the labor/delivery process and in this role as a dad is just incredible; I don't know what I did to deserve him. 

Everyone please pray for Gabe's time in the NICU and his return home in the upcoming weeks, as well as for mine and Michael's strength throughout this process.

My precious boys.

Gabe may have some strawberry blonde hair...uh oh

My angel holding daddy's finger

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley, We continue to pray for all 3 of you daily! When our boys were in NICU (15 months apart!), we hung some little notes with scriptures on the "beds". This helped US more than anything to help us stay strong and have faith. We also hung a picture of us on the beds. Morgan was in the unit 3 weeks and Mason was in 5 weeks. On a side note...Mason came home on Christmas Eve in a red stocking that was bigger than he was! What a gift! These Hochstetler boys are strong! Even though we are far away, we are with you in spirit. Please don't hesitate to call or let us know if you have specific prayer requests. Praying and believing...Laurie

    ReplyDelete